Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Katy Perry Photos at Center of $3 Million Paparazzi Showdown

Valerie Macon/Getty Images The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo director David Fincher agrees with producer Scott Rudin, who said NYer critic David Denby was "lousy and immoral" to break an embargo and review the film early, on Dec. 5, and banned Denby from future screenings.our editor recommendsDavid Denby Vs. Scott Rudin: Film Critics Take Sides'Girl With the Dragon Tattoo' Producer Bans NYer Critic From Future Screenings for Breaking Review Embargo PHOTOS: 10 Biggest Book-to-Big Screen Adaptations of the Last 25 Years But Fincher fought with Rudin over the very idea of early screenings and advocates banning everyone. "Embargoes ... look, if it were up to me, I wouldn't show movies to anybody before they were released," Fincher told Miami Herald critic Rene Rodriguez. "I wouldn't give clips to talk shows. I would do one trailer and three television spots and let the chips fall where they may....If I had my way, the NY Film Critics Circle would not have seen this movie and then we would not be in this situation. I would be opening this movie on Wednesday Dec. 21, and I would have three screenings on Tuesday Dec. 20 and that would be it." "That's where [Rudin] and I get into some of our biggest fights," he continued. "My whole thing is 'If people want to come, they'll come.'" STORY: Scott Rudin Bans NYer Critic From Future Screenings for Breaking Review Embargo Fincher thinks word of mouth sells movies, not critics: "The most valuable film critics are usually those people who come see a movie with their Blackberry and then text their friends 'It sucked,' or 'It's awesome -- You should see it.'" PHOTO GALLERY: View Gallery 10 Biggest Book-to-Big Screen Adaptations of the Last 25 Years David Fincher Scott Rudin Oscars 2012 The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo

No comments:

Post a Comment