Monday, October 17, 2011

Bethenny Frankel Addresses Skinnygirl, Lost at Sea Controversies on 'Today' (Video)

Stephen Lovekin/Getty Images Real Housewives of NY City star Bethenny Frankel joined Matt Lauer on Today Monday morning to address the attacks that been made against her in the media over the amount of money she had received for the sale of her Skinnygirl line of cocktails to liquor distributor Beam Global. "I'm thinking about my fans who I love and who created my success and who I have a responsibility to, and the reason that I've spent the last couple of weeks simply defending myself from lies is to speak to them," she told Lauer. "We're in a world where people believe the last thing they see on the computer." The Hollywood Reporter had previously reported that Frankel received $120 million. But a blogger on Huffington Post reported she only received $8.1 million. Frankel has called that report "completely inaccurate." PHOTOS: Hollywood's Twitter Feuds "The number is irrelevant to me," she told Lauer. "The least interesting thing about me is how much money I have." When Lauer pointed out that the Huffington Post had issued a correction on their story, Frankel responded, "The bottom line is that the public believes these irresponsible bloggers who just write anything they want. You have to trust your news sources." She also addressed the controversy surrounding her supposed "lost at sea" incident. Lauer asked about the veracity of that episode. "My sound guy doesn't know how to swim," she responded. "They lost a lot of the tapes because of salt damage. The towboat man who accused me of lying has been put on a gag order. What he's effectively saying is that we called the coast guard. It's like calling 911 without an emergency. I'd be in jail probably." Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy Bethenny Frankel The Real Housewives of NY City

No comments:

Post a Comment